Manage episode 269940301 series 2493158
Why should you pair wine to the diner, not the dinner? Do you always have to follow the "rules" when pairing food and wine? Which fun food and wine pairing should you try with your pandemic snacking? How can you develop your aroma vocabulary?
In this episode of the Unreserved Wine Talk podcast, I'm chatting with Chris Scott, a U.K.-based sommelier who published the world’s first-ever wine podcast, the UK Wine Show and who, with his wife, Jane also founded ThirtyFifty, a company which offers fun and no-nonsense wine tastings for private and corporate events.
- Should you care about food and wine pairing?
- Why should you pair wine to the diner, not the dinner?
- How can you experiment with how different types of food interact with wine?
- Do you always have to follow the "rules" when pairing food and wine?
- When would you use wine to enhance specific characteristics of your food?
- Is food and wine pairing a good place for you to start your wine enthusiast journey?
- What surprising wine pairing should you try with your pandemic snacking?
- Which aspect of wine learning might take some extra work for you as a novice?
- How can you develop your aroma vocabulary?
- What comfort food and wine pairing should you try in 2020?
About Chris Scott Chris Scott is an award-winning wine podcaster and presenter who runs wine tasting company called ThirtyFifty and produces a weekly wine podcast, The UK Wine Show, which is consistently ranked in the top 10 Apple Podcasts’ Food & Drink charts. Born and bred in New Zealand, Chris spent time as a student working hands-on in the vineyards of Canterbury before graduating with first-class honours in engineering. In 2001, he moved to London U.K. and now holds the WSET Level 4 Diploma in Wines & Spirits, the top qualification. He now heads up a team of 20 wine experts across the UK, between them running more than 500 corporate events, wine courses and private tastings per year.
To learn more about the resources mentioned in this episode, visit the https://www.nataliemaclean.com/90.