Manage episode 260022224 series 2416596
These days, employers know that, even though they might offer their employees the opportunity to save for retirement by participating in their company-sponsored retirement plan, most people aren’t doing enough to get themselves over the finish line. As a result, government agencies continue to look closely at employee benefit plans to ensure that everything is being done to set more people up for success.
Pam Dunlap, a principal in our Cleveland office and director of Rea’s retirement plan audit services team, is here to talk about this challenge and what companies can do to pass the Department of Labor’s increasingly stringent inspection.
Listen to this episode of unsuitable to learn:
- Why the days of outsourcing retirement plan management are over.
- What the Department of Labor is focusing on.
- What to do if you are thinking about buying a company and need to determine what to do with your plan.
Learn more about this topic:
- Listen “Episode 225: Tips To Help You Make The Most Of Your Upcoming Liquidity Event”
- Read “Exit Planning Options Every Business Owner Over 50 Should Know”
- Listen “Episode 212: The Retirement Crisis: How Your Business & Employees Can Come Out On Top”
If you like this episode of unsuitable on Rea Radio, hit the like button or share it on social media. You can also use #ReaRadio to join the conversation. You can also watch the podcast in action on the Rea & Associates YouTube channel and access additional resources at www.reacpa.com/podcast.