Manage episode 267705939 series 2416596
Late last year, lawmakers passed one of the most substantial updates to help business owners with new retirement plans. Today, we are going to take a look at the SECURE Act and the impact it currently has on companies, beneficiaries, and individual retirement accounts.
Paul McEwan, principal and director of Benefit Plan Services with Rea & Associates, and Steve Frank, principal and financial advisor with wealth management organization Investment Partners, are here to help us break down the SECURE Act and give us some insight on fiduciary best practices related to retirement planning.
Listen to this episode of unsuitable to learn:
- How new incentives make it easier for companies to offer retirement plans
- What individuals need to know about changes to IRAs and 401(k) plans and major changes for beneficiaries
- What companies, individuals, and beneficiaries should keep in mind, as things like the pandemic and recession may impact the SECURE Act
Learn more about this topic:
- Listen: “Episode 232: How Changes To Retirement Plans Make Everybody More Secure”
- Read: “SECURE Act Ushers In Substantial Retirement Plan Changes”
- Listen: “Episode 228 – Tax Savings & Business Strategy For Practice Owners”
If you like this episode of unsuitable on Rea Radio, hit the like button or share it on social media. You can also use #ReaRadio to join the conversation. You can also watch the podcast in action on the Rea & Associates YouTube channel and access additional resources at www.reacpa.com/podcast.