Manage episode 269297276 series 2760262
We also chat ways to bravely engage through respectful negotiations as we support big feelings and redefine resistance for our family and beyond. We laugh, we cry, we lean in… join us!
Today’s episode shoutout is the Raising Rebels Podcast, hosted by Noleca Radway. Each episode features courageous conversations with real parents who are encouraging their children to be fully themselves in a society that doesn’t always celebrate them. Raising Rebels tackles everything from sexuality and race, to co-parenting and money, all with the goal of raising liberated children.
Visit www.raisingrebelspod.com to become a patron, and follow Noleca on instagram @raisingrebelspod. Learn more in our show notes!
- Our Freedoms Model
- Our RESIST Approach
- Our Empowerments
- Our Shop + the new Big Feelings Survival Guide!
- Our Resources Page
- Raising Human Beings by Ross Greene
- Screens in the time of covid via Your Parenting Mojo Podcast
- The art of screentime + NYT article by Anya Kamenetz
- Raising Your Child in a Digital World by Kristy Goodwin
- Screen-free Parenting - Resources, ideas and research
- Common Sense Media - Find age-appropriate shows
- Just Give Them The Screens (For Now) by Jessica Grosse
- Non-Violent Communication: A Language of Life by Marshall B Rosenburg
Shows our kids have been watching:
- Bluey (Disney)
- Shaun The Sheep (Netflix)
- Tumble Leaf (Netflix)
- Wapos Bay (Amazon Prime)
- Puffin Rock (Netflix)
- Little Bear (Kanopy)
- Mr. Rogers (PBS Kids)
- Sesame Street (PBS Kids)
Things our kids have been listening to:
- Wow in the World Podcast (Spotify)
- Story Party (Audible)
- Stories Podcast (Spotify)
- Like You: Mindfulness for Kids (Apple podcasts)
- Laurie Berkner’s Song & Story Kitchen (audible)
- Magic School Bus (Audible)
- Our Coaching page
- Amber Okamura, Upbringing’s Artist
- Mary Schroeder, Upbringing’s Letterer
- Alex Olavarria, our producer, musician, editor + husband/brother in law
Visit our website, www.upbringing.co to learn more about us and sign up for our newsletter! We want to hear your thoughts. We care deeply about what you think and how you’re doin’, so get in touch -- we’re better together.
Email us: email@example.com
Follow Upbringing on Instagram: @upbringing.co
Join us to explore topics such as: parenting, motherhood, discipline, resistance, RIE parenting, feminist parenting, toddlers, tantrums, potty training, mindful parenting, conscious parenting, evidence-based parenting, positive parenting, respectful parenting, simplicity parenting and positive discipline.