Manage episode 266361872 series 1455926
The Absolute BEST Last Minute Summer DIY Tips with Felice Gerwitz
What are the best last minute summer DIY Tips? In this episode of Vintage Homeschool Moms, Felice Gerwitz shares her passion for all things DIY and some quick gift ideas to make for the holidays that are just around the corner. Use recyclables you have on hand or with a minimum of cost, create beautiful items you will treasure. The best thing? The kids can help!
Visit our podcast sponsor! Get all these books from our Media Angels Membership website.
Show Notes: The Best Last Minute Summer DIY Tips
- Get Organized.
- Now is the time to just relax – for me that means doing something creative. If you or your children love to create crafts for gifts make a list of some people on your list.
- Look around the house. From the podcast I created on getting organized fast here, you may have things you were going to throw away that you can recycle. What about an old frame, some mason jars or a plastic bin that can be recovered or painted?
- Trash day. My kids use to ride bikes up and down the road to see what neighbors were throwing away and sometimes came home with treasures. The awesome wrought iron and wood bench (my son refinished with new wood) that sits in front of my pond is one of those treasures. Look around on trash day.
- Gift Making
- Useful items. Picture frames with a treasured memory, hand painted to match any decor specifically for a family member.
- Tool holders: kitchen utensils, pencils, crayons, etc.
- Shelves. Floating shelves are all the rage. Ask dad, mom, grandpa or even grandma (not me–but some of my friends are really handy!) to help. Here are some directions on how to make floating shelves.
- Mixes. A great help for when you begin homeschooling again. Make muffin mixes, sour dough, cookie mix, biscuit mix from healthy alternatives. Use organic ingredients, make them vegan or gluten free. There are many great recipes.
- Painted pots. Hanging pots with an inexpensive fern or recycled wood look great.
- The Best DIY Ideas For Families
- Gift Cards. My favorite ideas revolve around hand rubs, neck rubs, car washes, etc. When kids were younger it was “watch the baby” for 30 minutes, etc. Give in a homemade envelope or box.
- Create Job Calendar: These involve paper and clothes pin. Listen to the podcast for specific directions.
- Meal Schedule
- Vacation planning
- Pizza night
- Last minute getaways or field trip ideas