Manage episode 269392835 series 1912253
In March of 2020, we saw the stock market tumble 30% in one month. In the following few months, we’ve gained most of that back. What is happening??
In this minisode (seriously, it’s less than three minutes!), Dustin recaps what a stock actually is — in case you’ve forgotten amidst all the panicked COVID-19 stock market talk — and how stocks are bought and sold. He discusses how people’s emotions cause those peaks and valleys in the stock market, and how you can avoid that dangerous herd mentality when it comes to your own investing.WHAT YOU’LL LEARN
- What a stock is
- The basics of buying and selling stocks
- How fear and greed cause swings in the market
- Dustin’s secret to investing
This material is for general information only and is not intended to provide specific advice or recommendations for any individual.RESOURCES & PEOPLE MENTIONED
- Dustin shares more stock market basics in Episode 7!
- More on fear, greed, and herd mentality in Episode 10
- Check out our DIY Financial Planning Course
- Sign up for our free Know Your Numbers challenge
- We have more minisodes on our YouTube Channel
- Schedule a free call with us — Are we a good fit for your financial planning needs?
CONNECT WITH DANIELLE AND DUSTIN