Manage episode 278199461 series 2087521
Reverse Mortgages with Rob Lowe
In this episode, John and his partner Edward Bao, CFP®, AIF®, talk with guest Rob Lowe. Rob is a 44-year veteran of the financial services industry, about reverse mortgages and why they may be a useful income strategy for some retirees.
John is the author of 5 Ways Your Wealth is Under Attack and It’s Your Wealth – Keep It.” He has lectured extensively on financial planning and is a seven-year recipient of the Five StarSM Wealth Manager Award.
Don’t miss these key points:
- Current and future financial pressures mean traditional retirement strategies need to be rethought.
- A reverse mortgage can be part of your retirement toolkit that includes paid-for life insurance policies, a death benefit, withdrawals from your portfolio, Social Security, and a pension.
- A reverse mortgage simply gives you access to the equity that is already in your home. The older you are, the more equity you have access to.
- Any proceeds you take from the reverse mortgage are not taxable, because it’s your equity.
- The end goal is not for the bank to own your home: you are on the title. You simply have taken a mortgage out against the property.
- You can use a reverse mortgage for many things: a line of credit when other income sources are low, to pay for upkeep or renovations of your home, or to purchase a new home and never make any payments.
- The most powerful use of a reverse mortgage is as tax-free monthly income that will last the rest of your life.
- In our current environment of low interest rates and high property valuations, you will be able to access more money with a reverse mortgage than you would have a few years ago.
You’ll find many other great resources on our website, such as 19 Sources of Retirement Income, which offers ways to increase your existing retirement income. You’ll also see links to my book 5 Ways Your Wealth is Under Attack and my newest book, It’s Your Wealth, Keep It.
If you are new to Smallwood Wealth, schedule a Wealth Curve Conversation by clicking this link. You can also connect with us on social media, or call us at (800) 797-1000. Set up a free, no-obligation 30-minute phone call with a qualified advisor to discuss how a reverse mortgage may fit into your retirement plans.
The post THIS HOW TO PLAN SO YOU GET THE BEST REVERSE MORTGAGE appeared first on Smallwood Wealth Management.