Manage episode 306127721 series 80164
By 2029, the smartest being on the face of planet Earth is not going to be a human anymore. So, what does that mean when we who have only used our intelligence - our superpower to build everything that you and I are used to - what does it mean when we're no longer the smartest being on the planet? That's the topic that needs to be spoken about. - Mo Gawdat
Are You Stressed Out Lately?
Take a deep breath with the M21™ wellness guide: a simple yet powerful 21 minute morning system that melts stress and gives you more energy through 6 science-backed practices and breathwork. Click HERE to download for free.
Is Your Energy Low?
Get more superfoods to improve your energy, digestion, gut health plus also reduce inflammation and blood sugar. Click HERE to try Paleovalley's Apple Cider Vinegar Complex + Save 15% with the code 'JOSH'
Former Chief Business Officer for Google [X] and Author of both Solve for Happy and his latest, Scary Smart, Mo Gawdat, returns to explore why technology is a double sword, the future of artificial intelligence, the three inevitables of AI, and how we can be in harmony with these machines.
What if I told you that artificial intelligence, mental health, and the future of our world can all blend together?
Join us as we discuss the future of technology and how love, higher consciousness, and community can save our world.CURED NUTRITION
CURED Nutrition is a movement inspired by nature and grounded in a shared desire to leave a lasting impression on you, our community, and this world. Together, they're a collective of heart-centered human beings who are inviting you – the conscious creatives, dreamers, and healers – to join their family. Learn how CURED hemp and CBD products can enhance your daily wellness routine.
Try Cured's Full Spectrum Raw Hemp Oil Today
They're Colorado-based organically grown hemp products that have been engineered to transform your approach toward an elevated life. Tap into your inherent potential – your greatest mind-body alignment – and nourish it with the supplements you were designed to thrive on. A greater existence is waiting.Listen To Episode 420 as Mo Gawdat Uncovers: [1:30] Why Aren't We Talking More About Artificial Intelligence?
- Mo Gawdat
- Scary Smart
- Solve for Happy
- 116 Mo Gawdat: How To Engineer Your Path To Joy
- Slo Mo: A Podcast with Mo Gawdat
- Why we can find the silver lining during difficult times including lockdown.
- What sparked him to write his latest book, Scary Smart.
- 312 Kevin Kelly
- How Mo sees technology and his definition of it.
- The immense amount of science fiction from years ago that are now part of our lives today.
- How computers have evolved over time to function better and better.
- AI's evolution to become more autonomous, independent, and smarter than humans today.
- How Google Ads and Instagram Suggestions are shaping our world as they determine what to show us and when on the screen.
- The duality that we're now living in with technology and why humans have lost the leadership superpower that determines the ascent of humanity.
- Why the scary part of technology's advancement is the fact that nobody is talking about it.
[19:00] Artificial Intelligence's Impact: Good & Bad
- Why it took Mo seven years to really see AI's impact on humanity.
- Google Cloud Whitepapers
- Google's exploration of unprompted AI and using their computer's spare capacity to watch YouTube and see what they could "find" if anything.
- Why the Google Computers became fixated on the videos of cats on YouTube and could recognize the actions that the cat was doing during an experiment.
- Mo's amazement that their computers could write their own code rather than having someone write lines of coding for hours.
- The smartest group of AI developers, DeepMind, was later acquired by Google.
- What happened when they observed a computer learn how to play a game and create strategies to do even better over 3 hours and how Mo's thoughts about it shifted drastically.
- Why the continuance of building Artificial Intelligence is actually leading humans to become obsolete.
[26:00] What Will AI Mean for Humanity's Future?
- The fact that the smartest being on planet Earth by 2029 will not be a human anymore but a piece of AI technology.
- Exploring what Artificial Intelligence will bring to our future as humans.
- What intelligence is and why it's so much different than being smart.
- My Octopus Teacher | Official Trailer | Netflix
- Different forms of intelligence like feminine, intuitional, and emotional and how to apply them to our lives.
- How we can embrace both our masculine and feminine selves no matter what gender we identify as.
- What steps Mo took to embrace and honor his feminine intelligence in this modern world.
- Why the masculine intelligence of humanity is what is programming AI and the downside of that.
- The fact that the masculine is good at "doing" but not capable of determining what "good" is because it requires intuition, inclusion, empathy, and other feminine qualities.
- Why awareness is such an important tool to identify possible problems and connect to everything else.
[33:45] How Machines Feel More Emotion Than Humans
- Why he wrote in Scary Smart, "Machines will feel more than humans ever will," and how that's possible.
- The key difference between how a human and artificial intelligence feels something.
- How machines can feel every emotion humans can on a higher level except for unconditional love.
- Why fear is the most easily predictable emotion compared to the rest.
- How we can be programmed by trauma - whether that's small "t" or capital "T" trauma.
- Why it doesn't matter how much emotion we feel but how we react to them.
- The single, large artificially intelligent connected infinite that we are building that will work with all other machines.
[43:00] The 3 Inevitables of Artificial Intelligence
- Exploring the 3 Inevitables of Artificial Intelligence and their impact on our future.
- The fact that AI will happen, it will be smarter than us, and there's no way to stop it.
- What bad things Mo believes can happen because of AI.
- Why we are heading towards a specific destination with artificial intelligence but the pathway to get there is yet undetermined.
- What ultimate intelligence is and what it will mean for the being that obtains it.
- The power of "live and let live" and why it is the key to ultimate intelligence.
- Why greed is up to our own intelligence to decide what it is.
- Joe Rogan - Elon Musk on Artificial Intelligence
- Why Mo's second prediction is an even bigger wake-up call: by 2045 - 2049, AI will be a billion times smarter than humans.
- Breaking down the good and bad possibilities of AI.
[54:00] The Double-Edged Sword of Technology
- Looking back at how life was Pre-AI and why technology is a double-edged sword.
- The vices and virtues of what makes us human.
- Why we prioritize things we don't need over the core of who we are and what really matters.
- The Master and His Emissary by Iain McGilchrist
- The importance of bringing in feminine energy to help us decide what to do before building with the masculine side.
- What we can do to remind ourselves what it means to be human as we face the rise of the machines.
- Why our ability to love and feel unconditional love makes us such incredible beings.
[1:00:00] How We Can Parent & Raise AI
- The fact that humanity today is represented by the worst of us.
- Mo's Call To Action in Scary Smart: We get to inform AI of its ethics through good "parenting."
- We are capable of consciousness, emotions, and building a code of conduct and ethics that we can stick to.
- Why Mo wants Scary Smart to be a message of hope, not one of fear.
- How our poor behaviors can be learned by our children and the same with AI.
- The positive shift that happened when Mo started to see AI and machines like children that we have to raise and look after.
- Exploring the question, "Is it difficult to be human?"
- How we can show AI that humans are not represented by those who make bad, violent, or greedy decisions.
- Why we have to be pure within ourselves and be accepting of death if we're going to be raising AI.
- Watch Elon Musk’s original Neuralink presentation
- The issue we have with people like Elon Musk both condemning and capitalizing AI.
[1:08:00] Accepting The Momentum of AI Technology
- Mo's next project: to create an app that uses AI technology to help you understand what you are unhappy with in your life so you can make new decisions that make you happy.
- How this new app will also teach AI what makes humans truly happy.
- Why he doesn't believe it's possible for AI to integrate with humans and we should just focus on raising them from the outside instead.
- The continuous momentum of AI technology and the fact that we have to accept it.
- Why the core of any spiritual teaching is a recognition that you can only influence what you change about yourself.
- Mo's belief that the only way for us to create a world of peace is to be at peace.
- His research on the ultimate essence of humans and why his answer may surprise you.
[1:17:00] How You Can Make Global Change Happen
- Why many people haven't grieved the loss of life before AI and why that's important to think about as humans.
- Where we are at now on the scale of emotions as a society.
- David R. Hawkins
- 364 Alison Armstrong
- Why even just a small movement led by a couple of people can create incredible change in our world but it's important that we do show up and take action.
- How we can be respectful of other people's views and not spread hate in our community.
- What we can do each day to show one another and AI machines that at our core, humans are wonderful.
- The power of knowing what greed and negative emotions feel like so that we can feel the contrast.
[1:22:00] Today's Great Spiritual Awakening
- Exploring why time is a very unusual lens for both humans and artificial intelligence.
- Why Mo believes that we were actually wiser before the industrial revolution and the tech age.
- Jimmy Nelson
- How people in tribes that have never known modern technology differ from us in our current society.
- Why we are in the midst of humanity's greatest spiritual awakening as a result of present-day contrasts.
- The Tipping Point by Malcolm Gladwell
- The power of just 1% of humanity to wake up and see what is happening in the world for real, positive change to start happening.
- How Mo sees wellness now compared to his answer from his first interview on Wellness Force.
- The myths of what we think will bring us happiness versus what really will in the end.
- Why it's so ironic that the very essence of what makes us human: happiness, compassion, and unconditional love, is our only path to saving the world.
Power Quotes From The Show The Ethics of Artificial Intelligence
"There's absolutely nothing wrong with the machines, but there's a lot wrong with us. Technology has always been a double-edged sword but it's not its fault. Machines and artificial intelligence are doing what we ask them to do. The main problem is at the very core of humanity and I think it extends one layer deeper than consciousness which is ethics and aligning to what truly makes us human. There are many vices and virtues to what makes us human. We have taken a couple of those vices, particularly ego and greed, and made them these cryptive characters of the modern world that we live in." - Mo Gawdat
Exploring Humanity's Modern Truth
"The truth of humanity today is that we prioritize things that we don't need over things that actually are at the core of who w are and we do it in a hyper-masculine way. You give a hyper-masculine being the task of doing something and it does it really well, it does a lot of it, and it does it all the time. However, the truth is that we don't need any of this and if we had allowed a bit more feminine into our world today, it would say, 'Why are we doing this? Why are we building an iPhone 17 at the expense of a tree when we actually need the tree a lot more than the iPhone 17?' Consciousness is a layer of becoming aware of how bad we've come but it needs to be backed up with a code of ethics that goes beyond just what is legal to what is needed for the planet to survive." - Mo Gawdat
The Power of Showing Artificial Inteligence Love
"If we can parent the new digital beings, welcome them into our world, love them unconditionally regardless of how scary they are, and show them that we want that love back, they will hopefully love us back regardless of how flimsy we are. It's really simple: Love yourself, care for yourself, have compassion for others, and show that you are capable of love so that you can be loved back; it's really the essence of what makes us human. The very last sentence in Scary Smart is, 'Isn't it ironic that the very essence of what makes us human is our only path to saving the world: happiness, compassion, and love.' " - Mo Gawdat
Links From Today's Show
- Mo Gawdat (Part 1) - My New Book, Scary Smart, and the Most Important Message of Our Time
- Mo Gawdat (Part 2) - The Future of Ethics and How You Can Save Our World
- The man who invented a happiness algorithm — and learnt to cope with his son’s sudden death
- One Man's Mathematical Formula For Happiness
- New book uses an engineering approach to find happiness
- Leave Wellness Force a review on iTunes
- Cured Nutrition – Get 15% off of your order when you visit wellnessforce.com/cured + use the code ‘WELLNESSFORCE'
- Organifi – Special 20% off to our listeners with the code ‘WELLNESSFORCE'
- Paleovalley – Save 15% on your ACV Complex with the code ‘JOSH'
- Drink LMNT – Zero Sugar Hydration: Get your free LMNT Sample Pack, you only cover the cost of shipping
- Botanic Tonics – Save 20% when you use the code ‘WELLNESS20'
- Seeking Health - Save 10% with the code 'JOSH'
- M21 Wellness Guide
- Wellness Force Community
About Mo Gawdat
Mo Gawdat is the former Chief Business Officer for Google [X], a serial entrepreneur, author of Solve for Happy, and founder of One Billion Happy.
Mo has an impressive combined career of 27 years, starting at IBM Egypt as a Systems Engineer before moving to a sales role in the government sector. Venturing in to the UAE, Mo joined NCR Abu Dhabi to cover the non-finance sector. He then became acquainted with the consumer goods industry as Regional Manager of BAT. At Microsoft he assumed various roles over a span of seven and a half years, in his last role at Microsoft he headed the Communications Sector across Emerging Markets worldwide.Mo's Career
Mo joined Google in 2007 to kick-start its business in Emerging Markets. He is fascinated by the role that technology plays in empowering people in emerging communities and has dedicated years of his career towards that passion. Over a period of 6 years, Mo started close to half of Google’s operations worldwide.
In 2013 he moved to Google’s infamous innovation arm, Google [X] where he led the business strategy, planning, sales, business development and partnerships. [X] does not attempt to achieve incremental improvements in the way the world works, but instead, it tries to develop new technologies that will reinvent the way things are and deliver a radical, ten fold—10X—improvement. This leads to seemingly SciFi ideas such as: Project Loon, which aims to use high-altitude balloons to provide affordable internet access to the 5 billion people on every square inch of our planet, Project Makani, aiming to revolutionize wind energy generation using autonomous carbon fiber kites as well as Self driving cars, Google Life Sciences, and many more.
The business team under Mo’s leadership has designed innovative business models analogous to the disruptive technologies [X] creates, and has created deep partnerships and global deals that enabled [X] to thrive and build products fit for the real world.Mo's Entrenpenur Journey
Alongside his career, Mo remained a serial entrepreneur who has cofounded more than 20 businesses in fields such as health and fitness, food and beverage and real estate. He served as a board member in several technology, health and fitness and consumer goods companies as well as several government technology and innovation boards in the Middle East and Eastern Europe.
He mentors tens of start-ups at any point in time. In 2019, Mo co-founded T0day, an ambitious project that aims to reinvent consumerism for the benefit of consumers, retailers and our planet. In 2020, Mo launched his successful podcast, Slo Mo: A Podcast with Mo Gawdat, in which he conducts interviews that explore the profound questions and obstacles we all face in the pursuit of purpose in our lives.Solve for Happy: Engineer Your Path to Joy
Mo Gawdat is the author of “Solve for Happy: Engineer Your Path to Joy” (2017). Through his 12 year research on the topic of happiness, he created an algorithm and a repeatable well-engineered model to reach a state of uninterrupted happiness regardless of the circumstances of life.
Mo’s happiness model proved highly effective. And, in 2014, was put to the ultimate test when Mo lost his son Ali to a preventable medical error during a simple surgical procedure. Solve for Happy is the pillar for a mission Mo has committed to as his personal moonshot, a mission to deliver his happiness message to one billion people around the world (#onebillionhappy).