Manage episode 274768534 series 2495340
In this week's episode, Kayla chops it up with Kia Phillips and Nekol Gaskins!
Realizing that healthy lifestyles have a great importance in our psychological and physical wellness, Kia and Nekol realized there was a void in the athleisure apparel market for socially conscious women and working mothers. “There were few images of women that looked like us in the market, and there were few designs that represented our culture and heritage”. So, in the spirit of creation these Queens decided to embark on a journey birthing their own inspirational athleisure brand Glamourina.
With a mission to service an underrepresented market of diverse women of all shapes, sizes, and hues, “We want to rewrite the health and fitness narrative to include women who look like us. Women come in all different shades, shapes, colors, and countries. It is time to start seeing these images reflected in the brands that we buy, wear, and support.”
We chat about:
- Kia & Nekol’s relationship with fitness
- How both of their backgrounds and experiences helped to create the Glamourina brand
- Why they felt that there was a gap in the activewear market for women of color
- Their journey with body acceptance as it relates to health & how they keep that at the forefront of their brand
- How motherhood has impacted their building of the business
- The progression of their clothing line & what’s next for Glamourina
This episode is brought to you by:
Links mentioned in this episode
- Love self care? Download your free '9 Steps to Self Care' guide here: https://wellnessglowup.com/newsletter
- Glamourina's website
Click here to subscribe via RSS feed (non-iTunes feed): https://wellnessglowup.libsyn.com/rssSocial Media Info
Wellness Glow Up Podcast – @wellnessglowuppodcast
Kayla Nedza – @kaylanedza
Glamourina - @shopglamourina
Did you like this episode? If you did give it a 5 star rating and share it with your friends.