Manage episode 277604012 series 2495340
In this episode, Kayla chops it up with Natalie Torres Haddad!
Natalie Torres-Haddad is an author, a two-time TEDx speaker, a bilingual podcast host, and a financial literacy and mental health advocate. As a Salvadoran immigrant and first generation college student, she has focused much of her career on helping others with financial literacy and mental wellbeing. She is part of the four percent of Latinas to earn a masters degree in the US and is the first Salvadorian-American female to publish a book about finances and the elimination of student debt.
We chat about:
- Natalie’s history with student loan debt
- How we can navigate recessions and downturns in the economy
- The impact that our financial wellness has on our mental health in black and brown communities
- How to define your money values and have conversations with your partner about them
- How mindfulness is a key component of your financial wellness
- Having more conversations about money as womxn
This episode is brought to you by:
Links mentioned in this episode
- Love self care? Download your free '9 Steps to Self Care' guide here: https://wellnessglowup.com/newsletter
- Natalie's website
- Natalie's podcast
- Natalie's Book: Financially Savvy in 20 Minutes
Click here to subscribe via RSS feed (non-iTunes feed): https://wellnessglowup.libsyn.com/rssSocial Media Info
Wellness Glow Up Podcast – @wellnessglowuppodcast
Kayla Nedza – @kaylanedza
Natalie Torres Haddad - @financiallysavvylatina
Did you like this episode? If you did give it a 5 star rating and share it with your friends.