Manage episode 247527704 series 142205
Windows 10: The year in review
- The year in Windows 10
- Microsoft changed Windows 10 development in major ways in 2019, and some changes are likely permanent, while others may not be
- Two feature updates, one real (that failed) and one fake (that succeeded)
- 20H1 completed much earlier than expected by non-tea-leaf readers
- What does this all mean for 2020?
Chredging at the Edge
- Microsoft improves Edge tracking protection. But will it ever rival Brave or Safari?
- Related: Microsoft shouldn't be adding consumer features to the new Edge (and Edge mobile)
Amazon re: Invent and how it's key to understanding Azure (and Ignite)
- re:Invent – 60K attendees and a gazillion announcements
- Ignite – 30K attendees and almost a gazillion announcements. Microsoft wants Ignite to become re:Invent
Mobile + Dev
- Microsoft Remote Desktop gets a major update on iOS
- Microsoft releases a Chinese language learning app on Android
- Seeing AI for iOS comes to 5 new languages
- Microsoft ships .NET Core 3.1
- Halo: Reach comes to PC. And you can get it on Steam! What's next?
- Related: Hands-On with Halo: Reach for PC
- PS5 dev kit leaked
- Plus: Scarlett/Lockhart rumors resurface
Tips and picks
- Tip of the week: Help Mary Jo get the Notepad she deserves
- App pick of the week: Firefox 71
- Enterprise pick of the week: Azure Dedicated Hosts
- Codename pick of the week: Verona
- Beer pick of the week: Sonoma Sour Stout
Download or subscribe to this show at https://twit.tv/shows/windows-weekly
Check out Paul's blog at thurrott.com
Check out Mary Jo's blog at AllAboutMicrosoft.com
The Windows Weekly theme music is courtesy of Carl Franklin.