Manage episode 263899657 series 2323304
Melissa Hall (@melissahallny) is brand strategist, speaker and educator. I met Melissa through our mutual love for ceremonial cacao and in this very timely conversation we talk about Melissa’s work and her experience being a black entrepreneur working in fashion, lifestyle, and wellness.
We also explore the questions of privilege, non-performative allyship and creating long-term change.
See all show notes on wokeandwired.com
- The future of branding
- Why wellness has to be the foundation of every future business
- How to elevate your brand in today’s digital world
- How the future of fashion includes mindfulness, sustainability and diversity
- Melissa’s journey from fashion into wellness
- Navigating wellness and fashion as a black woman
- Why she feels more liberated than ever to promote her services
- The energetics of investing into your business
- How do we make fashion and wellness more inclusive?
- Non-performative allyship
- 7 Important Questions Every Entrepreneur Should Ask Themselves
- 'This Is A Very Strange Time To Be A Black-Owned Business' by Trinity Mouzon on HuffPost
- The Heart Bowl
Connect with Melissa:
Connect with Woke & Wired:
- If you enjoyed the podcast, share it with a friend and on your Instagram stories (tag @wokeandwired so I can see it).
- Subscribe, rate and review the show on iTunes.
- Join the Woke & Wired Facebook group.
Other episodes you might like:
- 65: Tanyka Renee – How To Create Iconic Content & Use Visualization To Grow On Instagram
- 19: Jasmine Takanikos: Making Brand Strategy Personal And Being The Energy Source Of Your Business
- 10: Blair Badenhop: How To Brand Yourself In The Wellness World, Create Magnetism and Success By Tapping Into Who You Truly Are
“Privilege can be a beautiful thing… when you act.”