Manage episode 246264244 series 2323304
If I never produced a single episode after this one, my mission would still be complete.
This conversation with Shawn Askinosie is the epitome of the Woke & Wired philosophy of living a heart-centered life driven by presence, generosity, curiosity and adventure, with the internet and business being the tools we use to experience connection.
Founder of Askinosie Chocolate Shawn Askinosie is a criminal defense lawyer turned conscious chocolate entrepreneur recognized by Oprah as "One of 15 Guys Who Are Saving the World."
Making a difference on a business level starts with making a difference on a personal level, interaction by interaction. This conversation with Shawn had a profound impact on me and gave me a glimpse into what’s possible when I get present to the connection between my personal vocation and how I make money.
I know this interview will move you, too.
Get prepared to encounter the Divine.In this episode, we discuss:
- How a divine encounter led Shawn from journey from a successful career as a criminal defense lawyer to making chocolate
- How can we be present for divine encounters?
- The power of following your sorrow and heartbreak
- How to find your purpose through service
- Moments of joy of service as a path to expanded consciousness
- The intersection of personal and business vocation
- How Shawn honors his ancestors through his business
- Why fair trade business doesn’t mean the farmers get paid more money
- Why Askinosie Chocolate chose direct trade and profit sharing over fair trade
- How they are able to pay farmers on average 55% more
- Why the growth of the Askinosie chocolate business is directly related to faith
- How to practice presence in everyday moments
- The role that technology and social media play in creating community and a sense of unity
See all show notes on wokeandwired.comConnect with Woke & Wired: