Manage episode 282643780 series 9397
Tim and Pieter are joined by pilot and STEM ambassador Ellie Carter to look at the news and take a reflective view on 2020, looking for both the positive and less positive changes that affected the aviation and aerospace industry.
In this segment Ellie tells us of the engine failure she suffered whilst flying a Decathlon. Pieter talks lovingly about the Tu-22 Blinder book he got for Christmas and Tim regales a story about his fathers early drone models. And there are a few outtakes!
What is your AVGEEK Bucket List place to visit once things open up? #ClearedForTakeOff
The team share their ideas what would you do? Money no restriction!
(Due to a technical fault in the first 17mins, the audio quality is not to our usual standards, we apologise and we do fix it, so please be patient).
09.45 – News
20.57 – The Aviation Historian (Jan 2021) Preview
25.22 – 2020 wasn’t all bad!
53.56 – Feedback
1:06.15 – Outtakes
Contact Us: GetInvolved@aviation-Xtended.co.uk
Find us at http://aviation-xtended.co.uk/
Listen now using the Xtended media player:https://aviation-xtended.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2021/01/Ep-109-Dragon-Girl.mp3
You can download this episode of Xtended by clicking below:
Xtended can also be found on the Google Podcast app and wherever else you normally listen to podcasts.
Click on the relevant logo if it is your podcast player of choice:
• Ryanair, which is already the leading European customer for the troubled Boeing 737 Max, has ordered 75 more jets
• Impact of Brexit
• BAE Systems in Brough has built aircraft since 1916 but after the final delivery of Hawk jets to Qatar, it will focus on engineering
• 2021 Paris Air Show Canceled Due to COVID-19 Concerns
BA Boeing 747 – gone but not forgotten: Chris Wood – Global Aviation Resource
• The Aviation Historian http://www.theaviationhistorian.com/
• Wings Over New Zealand Show http://cambridgeairforce.org.nz/WONZ_Show.html
• Aircrew Book Review http://aircrewbookreview.blogspot.com/
• Aviation Enthusiasts Book Club https://www.facebook.com/groups/359410134220076
You can shop through this Amazon link (No cost to you but a small benefit to us):
For Aviation and Aerospace Podcasts join https://www.facebook.com/groups/FlightAudioandVideo/