Manage episode 272740589 series 2793284
How does the enneagram relate to personal development? Well, today we find out. Jessica Denise Dickson is a life empowerment Enneagram coach (and Black mermaid) who believes that when Black women heal, the world heals. She joins me to talk about the enneagram as a transformative tool for personal development.
I can’t tell you how excited I am about this topic and guest-- as I’ve wanted to have someone on for eons. Today, we discuss what the enneagram is, how it can help you become more self-aware, and help you address your blind spots. We also discuss what the enneagram has to offer during this time of global pandemic and global reckoning with systems of oppression.
In this episode you’ll hear:
- There are a lot of ideas about the enneagram - Jessica breaks down what it is and what it is not. (3:59)
- How the enneagram can help with self-awareness and empathy. (10:38)
- Learning your type can be a personal and private experience, as well as, one of validation. (14:20)
- For systems to change, it comes from doing the work. Jessica shares some information about her course for people who identify as white. (29:31)
- Enneagram and relationships - there are no rules for making it work between different enneagram types. (37:27)
- Conflict resolution through the lens of the enneagram. (42:58)