Manage episode 260122667 series 97995
Today I have an interesting episode for you. When Robert Kandell approached me to be on my podcast, I was like, “Wait, whaatttt, who is this guy?” I started looking into his work and he also sent me a copy of his book; I knew I had to have him on the show. He is known as “The Modern Mantor,” is an interpersonal communications and relationship expert, speaker, and podcaster. He is also the author of the book, unHidden: Book for Men and Those Confused By Them.
Most of the listeners of this podcast are women...but obviously you have men in your lives - whether it be father, brothers, friends, or spouses. And sometimes it can be complicated. Robert and I discuss the different ways in which we can be better communicators with each other, how practicing telling the truth can build stronger relationships, and where and why men tend to hide from their own truths.
In this episode you will hear:
- Where men tend to hide and why they hide, plus Robert shares some brain science and explains some of the reasons why men (and women) don’t do the work. (5:18)
- How Burning Man and an orgy led Robert to a new path in life and relationships. (10:32)
- The effects of withholding your truth from your intimate partners. (14:58)
- We are trained to be mediocre communicators, Robert shares one way men and women can have better communication. (19:31)
- The #MeToo movement was a huge wakeup call to society that the toxic habits of men and women supporting those men can no longer hold up and how the movement has affected men. (25:18)
- The imbalance of personal development between women and their male companions (whether it be partner, brother, etc). (29:21)