Manage episode 270410974 series 97995
When it comes to personal development, positivity and cheering people on is great. And…if we really want to support and love women, we have to also make room for the difficult stuff, for the traumas and the “shadow side”. That is where this week’s guest, Christine Gutierrez’s work really comes in. Christine returns to the YKAL podcast and together we discuss honoring your pain, going to the darkness in order to get to the light and living in a world where your light side and dark side can co-exist.
Christine is a Latina licensed psychotherapist, life coach and expert in love addiction, trauma, abuse, and self- esteem. She is the author of the upcoming book, I am Diosa: A Journey to Healing Deep, Loving Yourself, and Coming Back to Your Soul. I hope you enjoy our conversation.
- Who is Diosa and what being Diosa is all about. (4:06)
- Christine’s book is broken up into three parts: The darkness, the light and the integration. She explains why she chose to write it in this way. (9:34)
- Why it is important to explore your emotional triggers. (14:26)
- How to know if you’ve experienced trauma. (16:03)
- Repairing your intuition after trauma and how to heal. (20:00)
- Why Christine walks people through a meditation journey to help them visualize their first memories of anger or sadness. (27:38)