Manage episode 256997775 series 2288721
Welcome back to ZorkCast for this super busy and also super crazy 2020! Hopefully, in these uncertain times, we can all find some comfort in our lives. Today on the show, we are privileged to welcome back Gilbert of God Save the Points as our guest. We want to also congratulate Gilbert on the birth of his new frequent flyer, Olive! With the development of the COVID-19 events, there have been a lot of changes in the travel industry and brands are having to take new approaches to their respective business. In today’s episode, we cover some of the observations we’ve had so far, Gilbert’s latest article, the concept of gamification, and what strategies airlines and hotel brands should be implementing in these strange times to keep travel loyalty relevant and compelling.
Key Points From This Episode:
• The strategies airlines should employ rather than trying to side-step refunds.
• The trust factor: How customer loyalty can mitigate price changes.
• Understanding the concept of gamification for offers or bonuses.
• How it feels having a child as a travel blogger, in a world with no travel.
• What we’ve been doing with our days during this time of isolation and no travel.
• Question: What would it take to make you book an airline ticket today?
• Why using points is a great way to book for future travel without much risk.
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
God Save The Points
Be sure to read:
GREAT MOVE: AER LINGUS OFFERING VOUCHER + 10% FOR FLIGHTS…
VIRGIN ATLANTIC INCENTIVIZING VOUCHERS WITH UPGRADES, MILES AND MORE…
© 2020 ZorkCast © 2020 TravelZork
Support the show (https://travelzork.com/travel-deals/usa-miles-points-credit-card-offers/)