Manage episode 296284328 series 1261370
If you’re an entrepreneur (or a wantrepreneur), this episode is for you. Today I’m talking with Gino Wickman, arguably one of the most influential entrepreneurs in modern history and bestselling author of Traction, Get a Grip, and Rocket Fuel. Perhaps even more consequential, he’s the creator of EOS (Entrepreneurial Operating System), which is used daily by over 100,000 companies around the world.
Gino’s newest book, The Entrepreneurial Leap is packed with real-life stories and advice to help others make the leap into entrepreneurship, shorten your learning curve, and produce significant results. However, this isn’t just a book for new entrepreneurs. It helped me to identify the fundamentals necessary to optimizing my business, many of which I’d skipped on my own journey.
Today, Gino and I are talking about what he’s learned about starting businesses in his 30 years of coaching entrepreneurs, the meaning of true entrepreneurship, and how to realize what you’ve been put on this earth to do.
- The 6 essential traits to being an entrepreneur.
- Why over 50% of new businesses are out of business in the first five years and the complicated relationship between entrepreneurship and risk taking.
- The eight critical mistakes that even seasoned entrepreneurs make.
- Why entrepreneurial parents shouldn’t force their kids to become entrepreneurs.
- What makes rejection such a powerful and valuable learning experience.
- The 9 stages of building a successful business.
Get The Full Show Notes
To get full access to today's show notes, including audio, transcript, and links to all the resources mentioned, visit HalElrod.com/384
Subscribe, Rate & Review
I would love if you could subscribe to the podcast and leave an honest rating & review. This will encourage other people to listen and allow us to grow as a community. The bigger we get as a community, the bigger the impact we can have on the world.
To subscribe, rate, and review the podcast on iTunes, visit HalElrod.com/iTunes.