This is the Real School of Rock! The Original Rock and Roll Podcast.Interviews, music and more from a Rock and Roll Geek.All done with a Metal Sludge,Blabbermouth sense of humor For fans of Aerosmith,Cheap Trick,Wildhearts,Metallica,AC/DC,American Heartbreak,Alice Cooper,New York Dolls,Sex Pistols,Motley Crue,Starz,Runaways,Punk,Joan Jett,Suzi Quatro,Nazareth,Hanoi Rocks,D Generation,Dictators,Ramones,Kiss,Guns n\' Roses,Glam,Metal,etc.
Episode 177: INTERVIEW w/ Poet Anastasia Walker (feat. Johnny Cash, Tricia Black, Love, Fancy Hagood, Penelope Houston, Gary Cawker, Emily Davis and the Murder Police)
Manage episode 295852279 series 1999041
By Rachel Cholst. Discovered by Player FM and our community — copyright is owned by the publisher, not Player FM, and audio is streamed directly from their servers. Hit the Subscribe button to track updates in Player FM, or paste the feed URL into other podcast apps.
In our final Pride episode, I speak with my friend, poet and writer Anastasia Walker. As we discuss, Anastasia and I met five years ago at our college reunion, and have kept in touch since. We talk about her upcoming book of poetry, The Girl Who Wasn’t And Is from bd-studios, and how the trans experience has changed and is changing across the generations that bridge the two of this. Also, a trans analysis of “Long Black Veil.” After our recording, Anastasia fleshed her thoughts out on her blog.
- Johnny Cash - The Long Black Veil (At Folsom Prison) (14:12)
- Tricia Black -- “Not 1 of the Boys” (YouTube) (18:02)
- Love -- “Alone Again Or” (Forever Changes) (34:37)
- Fancy Hagood -- “Forest” (Southern Curiosity) (37:50)
- Penelope Houston - Talking with You (Birdboys) (49:23)
- Gary Cawker - "I Want You (to be My Man)" (The Sleep of Reason) (52:59)
- Emily Davis and the Murder Police -- “Bloodlines” (Never a Moment Alone) (61:21)