In The Filmcast, hardcore geeks David Chen, Devindra Hardawar, and Jeff Cannata debate, pontificate, and delve into the latest films, TV shows, and other entertainment-related items from the past week. Weekly guests include everyday bloggers, webmaster luminaries, film directors, and movie stars from all walks of life. You can reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org and find more podcast episodes at http://www.thefilmcast.com
Manage episode 293560871 series 1534678
By Terry Plucknett, Todd Plucknett, Zach Saltz, Terry Plucknett, Todd Plucknett, and Zach Saltz. Discovered by Player FM and our community — copyright is owned by the publisher, not Player FM, and audio is streamed directly from their servers. Hit the Subscribe button to track updates in Player FM, or paste the feed URL into other podcast apps.
Recorded - 5/23/21
On this episode of the Almost Sideways Movie Podcast, our three hosts (Terry Plucknett, Zach Saltz, Todd Plucknett) discuss a forgotten film from this last awards race that just debuted on Hulu before we review a classic 2000 film that helped make top 5 lists cool. Here are the highlights:
- What We've Been Watching
- Todd's Cager Review: Season of the Witch (6:00)
- Terry's Oscar Review: Fried Green Tomatoes (10:30)
- Other Review: The Mitchells vs. the Machines
- Zach's Criterion Review: Down by Law (17:10)
- Featured Review: Supernova (23:20)
- Deep Dive: High Fidelity
- Trivia (34:00)
- Initial Thoughts - Is Todd really secretly Dick? (46:40)
- Mt. Rushmore - Chicago Films & Recasting (59:30)
- Highest WAR, Worst Performance, Best Minor Character (1:18:00)
- Stickman, Douchebag, Best Scene (1:30:50)
- If There Was a Sequel, Gripes, and Conspiracies (1:38:00)
- LVP, MVP, Quote of the Day (1:52:30)
If you can't subscribe, listen here.
Find AlmostSideways everywhere!
AlmostSideways Twitter: @almostsideways