In The Filmcast, hardcore geeks David Chen, Devindra Hardawar, and Jeff Cannata debate, pontificate, and delve into the latest films, TV shows, and other entertainment-related items from the past week. Weekly guests include everyday bloggers, webmaster luminaries, film directors, and movie stars from all walks of life. You can reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org and find more podcast episodes at http://www.thefilmcast.com
Manage episode 295085435 series 1534678
By Terry Plucknett, Todd Plucknett, Zach Saltz, Terry Plucknett, Todd Plucknett, and Zach Saltz. Discovered by Player FM and our community — copyright is owned by the publisher, not Player FM, and audio is streamed directly from their servers. Hit the Subscribe button to track updates in Player FM, or paste the feed URL into other podcast apps.
Recorded - 6/13/21
On this episode of the Almost Sideways Movie Podcast, we start by reviewing the Lin-Manuel Miranda musical-turned-movie In the Heights. Then, we give a throwback review of an 80's Jeff Bridges movie that was the final film of Hal Ashby's career. We celebrate the start of summer by counting down the best scenes involving swimming pools before some In the Heights inspired trivia. Here are the highlights:
- What We've Been Watching
- Todd's Cager Review: The Croods: A New Age (5:55)
- Zach's Criterion Review: The Sword of Doom (10:20)
- Zach Review: Bo Burnham: Inside (12:45)
- Terry's Oscar Anniversary Review: The Adventures of Tintin (16:00)
- Featured Review: In the Heights (25:35)
- "Come to the Stable" Review: 8 Million Ways to Die (44:30)
- Power Rankings: Swimming Pool Scenes (1:00:45)
- Guessing Adam's List (1:33:45)
- Zach's Trivia Review: Louder than Bombs (1:39:30)
- Terry's Trivia Review: Blue Story (1:45:15)
- Trivia: Movie Musicals & "New" Movies (1:51:00)
- Quote of the Day (2:02:00)
If you can't subscribe, listen here.
Find AlmostSideways everywhere!
AlmostSideways Twitter: @almostsideways