Manage episode 298450481 series 1328363
Guest: Tom Luongo. We talk about the financial aspect of war and foreign policy, central bank wars between the Fed and the European Central Bank, the World Economic Forum and the Great Reset. In the bonus segment we talk about how the sanctions and trade disputes with China were condemned when Trump was in office but have been resurrected under Biden and it now seems that trade war with China is back in fashion.
Tom Luongo is an analyst, writer and a former research chemist. His specialty is markets analysis informed by geopolitics. He publishes a blog Gold Goats ‘n Guns, a podcast and a monthly investment letter. He contributes at Newsmax Media and is published by and does commentary for many other media outlets.
FOLLOW Tom at @TFL1728. Find his work at Gold, Goats ‘n Guns, on Youtube, Odysee and other platforms.
Around the Empire aroundtheempire.com is listener supported, independent media.
SUBSCRIBE/FOLLOW on Rokfin rokfin.com/aroundtheempire, Patreon patreon.com/aroundtheempire, Paypal paypal.me/aroundtheempirepod, YouTube youtube.com/aroundtheempire, Spotify, iTunes, iHeart, Google Podcasts
Recorded on July 16, 2021. Music by Fluorescent Grey.
- Podcast Episode #75 – Davos and the Week That Changed Everything Part 1, Tom Luongo
- Podcast Episode #76 – Davos, Ukraine and the Week That Changed the World Part II, Tom Luongo
- Podcast Episode #77 – Davos, The Fed and the 5 Basis Points That Moved the World Part III, Tom Luongo
- US issues sanctions, warns businesses of risks in China and Hong Kong as Beijing promises to 'respond strongly', CNN
- Reuters: Britain carves out exemption for gold clearing banks from Basel III rule
- Someone Is Buying Up Power Plants and Critical Infrastructure in 22 Countries. The Trail Leads to JPMorgan – a Bank Repeatedly Charged with Rigging Markets, Wall Street on Parade