Manage episode 246711963 series 2364140
In this episode of Ask a Death Doula titled
"The Future of Health Care Will Be Non-medical” allows the audience will be able to understand the enormous crisis upon us with caring for our elderly and end of life population. The statistics alone are alarming, but you combine that with the reality that the US has a fragmented health care structure that cannot meet the needs and demand of these large numbers and we have a major crisis before us that is only projected to get worse and worse in the upcoming decades.
The good news is that there is a new profession of non-medical caregivers ready to fill the gaps and providing the much needed time and care to the millions that will need it. Having medical and non-medical professionals working together to care for patients is the answer to the present and future health care crisis.
In this podcast, you will learn:
1) What is the Elder Care Crisis?
2) How Doulagivers are "filling the gap" in Health Care
3) How mainstream medical cannot handle the amount of need currently and in the decades to come
4) Current alarming statistics
5) Understanding the medical reimbursement structure
6) The ratio of practitioners to patients
7) All the ways that Doulagivers are "Filling the Gap" to provide the best care possible