Manage episode 288717485 series 2460302
Have you ever stopped to think about how the United States became a manufacturing nation? Have you ever wondered how the United States developed not just products, but the technologies, knowledge, and machinery necessary to manufacture or produce various products?
Lindsay is an Associate Professor of History at Miami University in Oxford, Ohio and the author of Manufacturing Advantage: War, the State, and the Origins of American Industry, 1776-1848, and she joins us today to lead our exploration into the early American origins of industrialization.
Show Notes: https://www.benfranklinsworld.com/298 Join Ben Franklin's World!
- Episode 098: Gautham Rao, Birth of the American Tax Man
- Episode 113: Brian Murphy, Building the Empire State
- Episode 140: Tamara Thornton, Nathaniel Bowditch
- Episode 281: Caitlin Rosenthal, The Business of Slavery
- Episode 292: Glen Adamson, Craft
- Apple Podcasts
- Google Podcasts
- Amazon Music
- Ben Franklin's World iOS App
- Ben Franklin's World Android App