Manage episode 301903783 series 2908907
- It's an easy-ish trail only 45 miles or so of jagged peaks, crystalline lakes and spectacular passes all in wilderness.
- She goes in the opposite direction of most, hitting huge climbs of 3,000 feet right from the start up Paintbrush Canyon.
- Everyone she meets is happy and renews her love of hiking and hikers, even a group of partiers who promise to be quiet.
- Her first site is glorious in a bowl of rock and ice where a bear wanders past.
- It's steep up and over the crumbly rock of the Divide and down to Lake Solitude.
- The ranger advised her on the best sites, and she grabs one on a grassy moraine looking straight at the Grand Teton.
- This site has its own resident moose who seems more interested in bulking up on grasses and aquatics than her.
MUSIC: Poema del Pastor Coya by Angel Lasala and Impresiones de la Puna by Alberto Ginastera as played by Alison Young, flute and Vicki Seldon, piano
Support the show (https://www.patreon.com/blissfulhiker)