S7E6: Thinking Critically, Aging Gracefully & Being a True Influencer with Lyn Slater, Accidental Icon
Manage episode 294575514 series 2700832
Today’s guest is someone of which I’m a huge fan, who lives as a role model for my future, who has hundreds of thousands of followers, and who has even been featured in commercials for GoDaddy.
She’s Lyn Slater, the Accidental Icon. She has multiple degrees and lives in New York where she taught social work at Fordham University for 20 years. She’s a fashion icon, but what really sets her apart is her critical thinking. Throughout her academic work and teaching career, she balances creativity with thoughtfulness for learning and education. She’s also a person of integrity and depth.
Lyn started Accidental Icon when she had trouble finding a fashion blog that offered an urban, modern, and intellectual aesthetic for women who live what she calls “interesting but ordinary” lives in cities. Women who – like her – aren’t celebrities, but are smart, creative, fashion-forward, thoughtful, engaged, and comfortable with who they are.
You can download show notes for the podcast here: http://blog.bravewriter.com/category/podcasts/
- Learn more: accidentalicon.com
- Instagram: @iconaccidental
- Want help getting started with Brave Writer? Head over to bravewriter.com/getting-started
- Sign up for the Brave Writer Newsletter to learn about all of the special offers we’re doing in 2021 + you’ll get a free seven-day Writing Blitz guide just for signing up: http://go.bravewriter.com/writing-blitz
Connect with Julie:
- Instagram: instagram.com/juliebravewriter
- Twitter: twitter.com/bravewriter
- Facebook: facebook.com/bravewriter
Brave Writer is produced by Crate Media