Manage episode 298406278 series 2829518
Joy White is a mindset and wellness coach, keynote speaker, and the founder and CEO of Flawed Masterpiece, a health and wellness business that wants Black women to adopt a lifestyle of self-care, healing, and inner peace. She has over 16 years of experience holding executive positions in non-profit boardrooms, international law firms, and small boutiques. Joy founded Flawed Masterpiece to help clients navigate professional roadblocks exclusive to Black women as they work in male-dominated industries and professions.
Joy joins us today to discuss the ideas behind Flawed Masterpiece and why she prioritizes Black women as their primary clients. She shares the self-care habits she has developed for herself and her clients. She explains what counts as self-care and why it doesn’t simply involve checking into a spa hotel. Joy describes some of her best client success stories. She shares actionable tips to employers regarding employee burnout and laws. Joy also discusses the risks associated with being careless about employment terminology.
"There's a cost that you will incur when you are not mindful of peoples’ wellbeing and overall working conditions." - Joy White
This week on Breaking Barriers:
- Who Joy White is, her line of work, and the accolades she has received
- Flawed Masterpiece: its goals and how it came to be
- The ways women can start working toward self-care
- What Joy does that counts as self-care
- Joy’s processes for coaches her clients
- What a typical success story looks like in her business
- The questions you have to ask when evaluating your lifestyle
- Joy's advice to business leaders for creating balance for their employees
- What the cost of burnout is, and how to avoid burning out an employee
- How critical employee laws are and what is required of employers and employees
- Joy's advice to businesses when dealing with employment and legal terms
Connect With Joy White:
This podcast is brought to you by Hire Ground
Hire Ground is a technology company whose mission is to bridge the wealth gap through access to procurement opportunities. Hire Ground is making the enterprise ecosystem more viable, profitable, and competitive by clearing the path for minority-led, women-led, LGBT-led, and veteran-led small businesses to contribute to the global economy as suppliers to enterprise organizations.
For more information on getting started please visit us @ hireground.io today!
If you enjoyed this episode, please subscribe and leave a review wherever you get your podcasts.