Manage episode 297546100 series 2829518
Being part of the LGBT community can mean not having adequate support for your business goals, especially when there is some form of discrimination toward your identity. Fortunately, there are now organizations actively supporting LGBT-led businesses. One of these organizations is the National LGBT Chamber of Commerce (NGLCC). The NGLCC is the business voice of the LGBT community and advocates for the expansion of economic opportunities and advancements for members of the LGBT community.
Today, we discuss the NGLCC, their goals, and how they help LGBT businesses thrive through their NGLCC Certification. We share why the NGLCC is a game-changer and a step in the right direction regarding human rights. We discuss how the NGLCC can pave the way for large corporations to have a healthy relationship with LGBT-led businesses. We explain why many investors hesitate to support small LGBT businesses and how business size can affect their decisions. We also share why NGLCC conferences are perfect for finding corporate mentors.
"From a human rights perspective, the NGLCC is one of the many positive steps we have seen in the overall community." - Adam Moore
This week on Breaking Barriers:
- What the NGLCC is and its evolution in recent years
- The importance of having an advocacy organization for the LGBT community
- Why the NGLCC is a step forward in human rights and the business world
- How companies can improve their relationships with the LGBT community
- What mentoring LGBT businesses entails
- Why size and scale matter when supporting LGBT companies
- How big a company should be to receive financial support from investors
- Why being NGLCC certified does not guarantee every contract
- Additional benefits of being NGLCC certified
- An insider tip to partner with a big corporate mentor
This podcast is brought to you by Hire Ground
Hire Ground is a technology company whose mission is to bridge the wealth gap through access to procurement opportunities. Hire Ground is making the enterprise ecosystem more viable, profitable, and competitive by clearing the path for minority-led, women-led, LGBT-led, and veteran-led small businesses to contribute to the global economy as suppliers to enterprise organizations.
For more information on getting started please visit us @ hireground.io today!
If you enjoyed this episode, please subscribe and leave a review wherever you get your podcasts.