(E30) The Big Dirty | Feat. 'Violence' from Phoenix, Arizona Nu-Metalcore Outfit Dead Echo | Thirsty Planet Brewing Company's Spot On Pils and Modern Times Beer's Caliban Hazy IPA Craft Beer Reviews
Manage episode 297877822 series 2832215
Episode 30 Breakdown:
- Catching up with the boys (:48)
- What we’re drinking/Beer news (8:45) (Thirsty Planet Brewing Company's Spot On Pils and Modern Times Beer's Caliban Hazy IPA)
- Metal news (19:08)
- Upcoming Tours (32:42)
- Brewtal Alumni Updates (35:42)
- New music (40:31)
- Featured band (51:34)(Arizona Nu-Metalcore Outfit Dead Echo)
The boys hit another milestone with their Dirty Thirty episode and have a really cool chat with Reality Grey's Anto Addabbo.
The time has finally come for Todd to embrace the float for a bonding trip with new co-workers while Arie gets lost in the comfot of his first new bed in YEARS.
Todd keeps things Spot On, per usual, with his beer selection while Arie sticks to the Modern Times with his Hazy IPA.
We're Hip To Be Scared with Ice Nine Kills, Waking the Cadaver arise from their grave with some filthy new material, and Lamb of God once again team up with beer titans Brewdog for another NA collab beer for some of our sharp points of discussion.
Of course, our featured band is bringing Violence from the heat of Phoenix, Arizona to your speakers. This is the Dead Echo Vibe.
This week's episode features Violence from Dead Echo.
Dead Echo is a five-piece American nu-metalcore band, and hailing from the heat of Phoenix, Arizona, they are out for blood. Drawing influence and approach from bands like Alpha Wolf, Darko US, Varials, Dealer, Degrader, and Emmure, Dead Echo is a force to be reckoned with straight from the outset, with nowhere to go but up. This is The Dead Echo Vibe.
What Dead Echo is drinking:
Now, this was a tough one, because the five of us have a very eclectic palate. We all have a love for Mexican beers like Dos Equis & Modelo and San Tan Brewing Company beers naturally because we all are from the Southwest, and STBCo. is a local brewery to us. Another one we all enjoy is called “Big Blue Van”; a 5.4% ABV blueberry wheat beer! However, more specifically:
Harry, our vocalist, loves Bud Light Lime and Leinenkugel’s Summer Shandy.
Brett, our lead guitarist, loves mixing Guinness with Killian’s Red!
Tyler, our rhythm guitarist, loves Kilt Lifter, and basically anything that’s not an IPA.
Adrian, our bassist absolutely loves San Tan Brewing Company’s “Juicy Jack” Juicy Hazy IPA.
Corey, our drummer, hands-down loves San Tan Brewing Company’s seasonal “Sex Panther” 6.8% ABV Double Chocolate Porter.
Make sure to give Dead Echo some love via any of the following:
Jam Violence and other gnarly tracks from previous Featured Bands on our Bands to Watch For playlist
- Spot On Pils is a classic Czech-style pilsner, balanced with Bohemian pilsner malt, Saaz hops, and a crisp lemongrass finish. It’s the perfect beer during a game of fetch or after a relaxing off-leash hike through the Greenbelt. Spot On Pils is spot on with it's 4.4% ABV. Thirsty Planet Brewing Company is located in Austin, Texas.
- Caliban is a part of Modern Times Beer's rotating Hazy IPA series with amazing color and even more amazing flavor with bright tropical fruit, berries, lemon, and crisp citrus that’s practically guaranteed to improve your immediate point of view. Caliban comes in at 6.9% ABV, nice. Modern Times Beer is located in San Diego, California.
Videos/Links Refrenced In This Episode
- Bee Touring (Dan from Monasterie's new touring bus company)
- Hip to be Squared - American Psycho (3/12) Movie CLIP (2000) HD
- Ice Nine Kills - Hip To Be Scared ft. Jacoby Shaddix (Offical Music Video)
- Vulvodynia - Banquet of Enigmatic Horrors Pt.1: Terror (Official Video)
- Miley Cyrus feat. WATT, Elton John, Yo-Yo Ma, Robert Trujillo, Chad Smith - "Nothing Else Matters"
- Kardavox Academy
- Lead Singer Syndrome with Shane Told
Artwork by megabeast Kevin Burfield! Show him some love, and get something rad, via any of the following:
Intro track by absolute legend ZaKrahe
What's the Hopwolfpack drinking and jamming this week? Let your boys know, and keep up with us, via any of the following:
Want to hear more from your new favorite artists? Come Howl At the Moon with your boys and get the BTS from such artists as Andy Wilson-Taylor of Midgar, Nathan Biddles Jr. of InRetrospect and the legendary Matt McGachy of Cryptopsy and Vox&Hops.
We love Friday release days for new brewtality and so should you! Jam our Brewtal Release Day Playlist and get your neck braces ready!
Start a circle pit from the comfort of your own home with this week's Brewtal Songs of the Week
Since you're feeling good from the brews and the jams, why not leave us a review at any of the following? That'd be BREWTAL of you!
Brewtal was chopped and sliced by Arie Lombardozzi of Death Dealer Productions with additional production from Todd Bailey
Brewtal is part of the Death Dealer Production family