Manage episode 303821942 series 1097793
Have you ever tried to get into a popular restaurant only to be told they’re booked out but they’ll contact you if they have a cancellation? Or wanted to buy something from your favourite clothing store that was sold out, so you asked to be notified when it was back in stock?
In this episode, your hosts, Suzi Dafnis and Michelle Falzon talk about one of the most powerful ways you can build up demand BEFORE you launch or to keep prospective customers warm when you sell out of, or temporarily close access to, your product or service… and that is the Waitlist Strategy!
Listen to this episode to hear more about:
- What types of products, services and campaigns a Waitlist can work for.
- How to use the “Sold Out”, “Closed” or “Launch” type of Waitlist (and why they are very different strategies).
- Why understanding “buying intent” is important when deciding your Waitlist strategy.
- What to say to people to get them to JOIN your Waitlist.
- How to nurture your Waitlist so they are primed and ready to buy when you open (or re-open) your doors.
- Can a Waitlist go “stale”? What’s the ideal length of time for someone to be on your Waitlist in order for them to buy from you?
- How to adopt an “all roads lead to Waitlist” approach (and why this might make sense for you).
- How to incentivise and reward the people on your Waitlist.
- And much more!
Also mentioned in this episode: