January 26, 2022 – Omicron Reinfections, “Stealth Omicron” Sub Variant, KN95 Masks For The Super Bowl
Manage episode 318674301 series 3296110
In our continuing series looking at the latest medical research and news on COVID-19, Larry Mantle speaks with Dr. Dean Blumberg, professor of medicine and chief of Pediatric Infectious Diseases at UC Davis Children’s Hospital.
Topics today include:
- Study suggests more than two-thirds of Omicron cases are reinfections.
- “Stealth Omicron” sub variant found in Santa Clara County.
- Public health officials say Omicron has passed the peak in L.A. County but. transmission rate is still worrisome.
- Fans attending Super Bowl at SoFi will get KN95 masks and will be urged to keep them on.
- When should a vaccinated person who recovered from COVID-19 get boosted? It’s complicated.
- New research hints at four factors that may increase chances of long COVID.
- Omicron’s spread underscores the potential consequences of the global vaccine gap, experts say.
- Op-Ed: China’s zero-COVID policy is a pandemic waiting to happen.
- It’s too early to say whether CBD helps against COVID-19.
This program is made possible in part by the Corporation for Public Broadcasting, a private corporation funded by the American people.