Annalise Bourgeois and Danny Hauger Discuss the Impact of Charity Water Providing Clean Water Access to Millions of People
Manage episode 295243184 series 2362865
On today’s episode of Inspiring Teachers, I share an interview for my World History students with Annalise Bourgeois, Supporter Experience Senior Manager - Charity:Water. Annalise and I discuss the importance of making an impact on the world, how 12.7 million people are getting access to clean water, at the time of recording, and Charity:Water’s focus on helping the world’s people get clean water and all of the impacts along with it. Start your fundraising project with Charity:Water today!
- How did you come to Charity Water, and when did you first learn about it?
- Did you know from the time you were in high school what you wanted to do with your life, or dedicate it towards an impact of service?
- Charity Water works in 29 countries, and has scaled significantly since inception in 2006. Your website says that while the water crisis is huge, we’re optimistic. Can you tell me more about the vision and philosophy of the company?
- How does the lack of access to clean water affect people 785M people who still don't have access to clean water every day? In the context of my sophomore and Senior High School students, how might their lives be affected?
- Annalise talks more about how water access can fight poverty? For example from your website charitywater.org In Africa alone, women spend 40 billion hours a year walking for water. Access to clean water gives communities more time to grow food, earn an income, and go to school -- all of which fight poverty.
This episode of Inspiring Teachers is brought to you by AmpedUpLearning.com -
Are you looking for new and engaging ways to get your students up and moving in the classroom? Get out of the Sit and Get rut of teaching by checking out AmpedUpLearning.com, a 2 teacher owned and operated company in Texas that is looking to gamify teaching with creative new activities for the classroom. From their FRECK! resources and Escape Rooms for Social Studies and Science to SPEED Squares and task cards for Math and English they have TONS of teacher created resources...and don't forget to check out their apparel designed specifically for teachers. Use code HAUGERHISTORY10 to save 10% on all items and follow them on social media @AmpedUpLearning for their monthly giveaways of Amazon giftcards, lessons and apparel.
Start your podcast today with a free trial here from Podbean.com and support our show!