The iFanboy.com Comic Book Podcast is a weekly talk show all about the best new current comic book releases. Lifelong friends, Conor Kilpatrick and Josh Flanagan talk about what they loved and (sometimes) hated in the current weekly books, from publishers like Marvel, DC, Image Comics, Dark Horse Comics, BOOM! Studios, IDW, Aftershock, Valiant, and more. The aim is to have a fun time, some laughs, but to also really understand what makes comic books work and what doesn’t, and trying to under ...
Manage episode 263590447 series 2313435
By Enrico Bertini and Moritz Stefaner, Enrico Bertini, and Moritz Stefaner. Discovered by Player FM and our community — copyright is owned by the publisher, not Player FM, and audio is streamed directly from their servers. Hit the Subscribe button to track updates in Player FM, or paste the feed URL into other podcast apps.
We have renowned data visualizer Shirley Wu with us again (we had her before in episode 98) to talk about a new project she and her team developed to help people reason about the covid19 pandemic at a local community level. The team developed a simulation game that shows you what happens when you make certain sets of decisions over time that may affect the spread of the virus. You can play with others and your goal is to cooperate.
Needless to say the tool uses some really interesting visualizations also but this is not the main point. It’s interesting to see the intersection between data visualization, simulation and gaming. With Shirley we talk about how the project started, specific challenges they faced, how it was received, and future developments.
1. Welcome back to Data Stories! (00:00:25)
2. Our podcast is listener-supported, please consider making a donation! (00:00:57)
3. Our topic: The game People of the Pandemic (00:01:34)
4. Our guest: Shirley Wu (00:02:03)
5. What's the project about? (00:03:42)
6. Why did you decide to put out a game on this topic? (00:06:37)
7. Why do you control only your individual decision in the game? (00:14:06)
8. Playfulness vs. seriousness (00:17:51)
9. What were your learnings of this project? (00:25:55)
10. What were your technical challenges? (00:28:15)
11. What was the feddback to the game? (00:33:36)
12. Will there be a follow-up? (00:35:48)
13. Where you can play it and give feedback? (00:37:05)
14. Get in touch with us and support us on Patreon (00:38:14)