Manage episode 252005493 series 32120
We have Angela Morelli and Tom Gabriel Johansen to talk about their effort in developing infographics for several reports of the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC). Creating such reports entails a very complex and orchestrated process that needs to end with a total consensus of all the participating countries. In the show Angela and Tom tell the story of what it takes to generate such reports and handle the complex process of co-designing such important report with a large group of scientists. Angela and Tom also provide a set of lessons learned visualization designers can use.
Enjoy the show!
- InfoDesignLab Medium Posts
- IxDA Oslo Nº 129 :: Anna Pirani :: Co-designing the IPCC special report, Part 1
- IxDA Oslo Nº 129 :: Angela Morelli :: Co-designing the IPCC special report, Part 2
1. Welcome to Data Stories! (00:00:30)
2. Our show is listener-supported! (00:01:06)
3. Our guests today: Angela Morelli & Tom Gabriel Johansen of InfoDesignLab (00:01:45)
4. Now what exactly is the IPCC? (00:05:51)
5. Visualisations in the IPCC reports (00:11:18)
6. 40,000 comments: The process behind the IPCC reports (00:20:07)
7. User testing and publishing formats (00:34:48)
8. Lessons learned & participatory design (00:47:39)
9. Get in touch with us and support us on Patreon (00:52:18)