Radio Ahmadiyya - the real voice of Islam is a weekly Radio Broadcast in the Urdu language with the mandate to educate its listeners about Islam and Ahmadiyyat. It presents the teachings of Islam as explained in the Holy Qur'an and by the Holy Prophet of Islam, Muhammad (Peace and Blessings of Allah be on him).
Manage episode 291695127 series 1912761
By Cassidy Hall, Kevin Johnson, Carl McColman, Cassidy Hall, Kevin Johnson, and Carl McColman. Discovered by Player FM and our community — copyright is owned by the publisher, not Player FM, and audio is streamed directly from their servers. Hit the Subscribe button to track updates in Player FM, or paste the feed URL into other podcast apps.
Dr. Beverly Lanzetta is a theologian, contemplative scholar, interfaith chaplain, and teacher of new traditions of contemplative wisdom.
She is the author of numerous books on emerging universal spirituality and new monasticism, including Radical Wisdom: A Feminist Mystical Theology, Emerging Heart: Global Spirituality and the Sacred, Nine Jewels of Night: One Soul’s Journey into God, The Monk Within: Embracing a Sacred Way of Life, Foundations in Spiritual Direction: Sharing the Sacred Across Traditions, and most recently, A New Silence: Spiritual Practices and Formation for the Monk Within. Her work is dedicated to a vision of theological openness and spiritual nonviolence and has won praise for its wisdom, eloquence, and mystical insight. Her voice is a significant contribution to what theologian Ursula King has called “a feminine mystical way for the 21st century.”
My deepest experience of silence is interior. Silence is a state of being, a state of interior contemplation. — Dr. Beverly Lanzetta
Dr. Lanzetta is also a vowed monk of peace living in the world, who has formed a community of new monks—single, married, partnered, celibate, etc.—dedicated to the universal mystical heart and to the spirituality of nonviolence. She mentors people who seek a deeper contemplative commitment and who wish to take personal monastic vows. She has taught theology at Villanova University, Prescott College, and Grinnell College.
Connect with Dr. Beverly Lanzetta online by visiting www.beverlylanzetta.net.
Silence is a very dynamic place; it’s not static, it’s a place of great creativity, of presence. That’s where I feel very happy, when I’m in that energy. — Dr. Beverly Lanzetta
Some of the resources and authors we mention in this episode:
- Beverly Lanzetta, Radical Wisdom: A Feminist Mystical Theology
- Beverly Lanzetta, Emerging Heart: Global Spirituality and the Sacred
- Beverly Lanzetta, Nine Jewels of Night: One Soul’s Journey into God
- Beverly Lanzetta, The Monk Within: Embracing a Sacred Way of Life
- Beverly Lanzetta, Foundations in Spiritual Direction: Sharing the Sacred Across Traditions
- Beverly Lanzetta, A New Silence: Spiritual Practices and Formation for the Monk Within
- Thomas Merton, New Seeds of Contemplation
- Evelyn Underhill, Mysticism: A Study in the Nature and Development of Spiritual Consciousness
- Pierre Teilhard de Chardin, The Divine Milieu
- St. Teresa of Ávila, The Book of My Life
Episode 133: Encountering “A New Silence” with Dr. Beverly Lanzetta
Hosted by: Carl McColman
With: Cassidy Hall, Kevin Johnson
Guest: Dr. Beverly Lanzetta
Date Recorded: March 11, 2021