Manage episode 299578635 series 2542482
Badger is a decentralized autonomous organization (DAO) with a single purpose: To build the products and infrastructure necessary to accelerate Bitcoin as collateral across other blockchains. BadgerDAO is extremely community focused and has succeeded in creating a seamlessly operating DAO out of a group of random people with a shared set of values and a mission.
BadgerDAO's founder, Chris Spadafora, joined us to talk about how he built this decentralized community, why Bitcoin & DeFi, and the products they have created including Sett and Digg.
Topics covered in this episode:
- Chris' background and how BadgerDAO came about
- How they successfully built a strong community
- Why Bitcoin and DeFi?
- Who is the target audience for Badger?
- The Sett vaults - strategies
- Digg - the rebase system
- Chris' thoughts on “DeFi on Bitcoin”
- CowSwap: CowSwap is a Meta-Dex Aggregator built by Gnosis. It taps into all on-chain liquidity offering the best prices on all trades and provides some UX perks (no gas costs for failed transactions!) and protects traders against MEV - https://epicenter.rocks/cowswap
This episode is hosted by Friederike Ernst & Sunny Aggarwal. Show notes and listening options: epicenter.tv/404