Manage episode 303965873 series 1652309
Lido is a DAO that provides a liquid staking solution for Ethreum 2.0. It lets users stake their Ether, without locking assets or needing to maintain infrastructure, whilst participating in on-chain activities. Lido attempts to solve the problems associated with initial Ethereum 2.0 staking - illiquidity, minimum requirements, immovability and accessibility, by making staked Ether liquid and allowing for participation in DeFi.
Vasiliy Shapovalov, Co-founder of Lido, joined us to talk about all things Ethereum staking and the benefits of liquid staking with Lido.
Topics covered in this episode:
- Vasiliy's background and how he got into crypto
- An overview of Lido and the problem it solves
- How Ethereum 2.0 staking works
- Lido's fee structure and business model
- Lido's governance model and the LDO token
- How the ETH/stETH peg is maintained
- Liquid staking and its role in DeFi
- Lido for other blockchain networks like Solana
- The LEGO Grant program
- Gnosis Safe: Gnosis Safe is a smart wallet for securely managing digital assets and allows you to define customized access permissions. - https://epicenter.rocks/gnosissafe
This episode is hosted by Friederike Ernst & Sebastien Couture. Show notes and listening options: epicenter.tv/412