Manage episode 296511612 series 2552004
Hello and welcome back to Equity, TechCrunch’s venture capital-focused podcast, where we unpack the numbers behind the headlines.
Danny, Natasha, and Alex were on-deck this week, with Grace on the recording and edit. But, if you want to hear more about Robinhood, this is not the episode for you. If you want to learn more about the consumer fintech company's IPO filing this is the episode you want. Basically, Robinhood filed after we had wrapped taping, so we had to do a special pod for the news.
So, this is the everything-but-Robinhood episode. And here's what's inside of it:
- Startup and investor tensions at Bessemer and Hinge Health. Natasha has the latest.
- Didi's IPO, and what's going on with Chinese IPOs more generally. Also SentinelOne's expensive and notable debut.
- And then all things Duolingo, including TechCrunch's overview and more in-depth look.
- From the venture capital side of things, Zipline raised $250 million, Daylight raised $5 million, Articulate raised $1.5 billion, Acceleprise rebranded to Forum Ventures, and Peanut put together a micro-fund.
- We closed with Neeva, Brave, and other alternative search tools. Alex has a piece coming on the subject, once he gets around to finishing it.
A four-episode week! With only Grace handling production! She's amazing.