Manage episode 241905186 series 2327385
Today’s guest, Deborah Deal, CEO, Contractor and Environmentalist, is on the show. Debby has lived in the Bahamas for nearly four decades, it is her home, it is where she has established her businesses and it is where she serves her community and leaves her legacy for the betterment of the environment. I met Debby while speaking about Energy Security in the Bahamas and sharing my knowledge on microgrids and island energy. This past week has been heart wrenching for me, and to hear from Debby and share her story about the crisis is so important to know how we can help and discuss how we can move forward. Debby’s passion for community service is evident in the way she leads her life, speaks and acts with intention to contribute positively to our environmental crisis and how she brings attention to important topics, especially those surrounding the people of and the islands that she calls her home. We talk everything about the devastation currently in the Bahamas, and what moving forward could look like for the country, plus so much more. After all, as Debby says, The Bahamas is so much more than this disaster, more than just sun, sand and sea.
In this episode we discuss:
- Her recent experiences with hurricane Dorian
- What the reality is on the ground in The Bahamas after the hurricane
- How you can help The Bahamas
- What needs to change to rebuild better and protect the country
- Recommendations for best building practices from Deborah for The Bahamas
- Her life and entrepreneurial journey in The Bahamas
- Advice for women in non-traditional or male-dominated careers
- The importance of self-care and forming a supportive tribe
- The role of community and how everything is energetic and connected
- The dreams that Debby is chasing next!
- And so much more!