Manage episode 298996292 series 2891514
GHIT 0218: Scott Robertson from the Track Walking podcast (Part 2 of Our GLTC Series)
For this episode, Scott Robertson reviews a variety of topics including his racing in the Grid Life GLTC series, his multiple One Lap of America entries, being a driving instructor, and his Track Walking podcast. Scott had an ill timed racing incident earlier this year just prior to the 2021 One Lap of America, not that any racing accident is ever well timed. He was somehow able to get the car back in running shape in time for the OLOA with the help of a ton of help from the racing community and extended family. His podcast approaches our sport and driving in general from a very different perspective and is unique among the racing and driving podcasts that are available. We hope to have his podcast co-host on Seth Lemke on in a coming episode and we cannot wait to meet his Grid Life and OLOA crew chief and co-driver Becky Burton at the track and hopefully our podcast.
You can subscribe to our podcast on the podcast provider of your choice, including the Apple podcast app, Google music, Amazon, and YouTube etc. Also, if you could give our podcast a (5-star?) rating or even better, a podcast review, we would greatly appreciate it and it would help us to grow the passion and sport of high performance driving.
For instance, leaving an Apple Podcast rating is very easy. If you go to your podcast library, under shows and click on the podcast you can leave a (5?) star rating and enter your review.
A link to the episode is: https://tinyurl.com/ScottRobertsonOnGHiT
We hope you enjoy this episode!
PS Please don’t forget that if you are looking to add an Apex Pro to your driving telemetry system, don’t forget to use our discount code for all Apex Pro systems you will receive a free Windshield Suction Cup Mount for the system, a savings of $40. Just enter the code “ghitlikesapex!” when you order. They are a great system and truly invaluable in safely increasing your speed on track and/or autocross etc. The recently released second generation systems and app increases the capability of the system greatly.
Vicki, Jennifer, Alan, and Bill
Hosts of the Garage Heroes In Training Podcast and Garage Heroes In Training racing team drivers
Highlights from this episode include:
1) How Scott’s racing career began and has continued to progress.
2) We discover how versatile Scott’s Miata is in its current role, road driven, race car, tow vehicle, and sometimes hotel room and base camp.
3) Vicki and Scott bond over their Miata love for a bit. Scott has a super secret spare stash and upgrade kit that we will get out of him someday. We’d love to get our NB Miata a bit more reliable and sturdy. (and we all know Bill loves upgrading his checklists, lol)
4) Details of his difficulties in preparing for this year's One Lap of America after his on track incident. It literally took a village (of racing friends) and every last minute to pull off the miracle save.
5) The intertwining of the 2021 One Lap of America and the current GLTC season have impacted each other and how the season has gone to this point.
6) Tips, Tricks, and Do’s and Don'ts that experience has taught Scott over the years of instructing new and soon to be drivers on the track at an HPDE.
7) Prepping for GLTC vs One Lap of America, and especially how to One Lap in a Miata race car
8) Several things Scott got from Coaching with (hopefully our future guest for our GLTC series) Tom O (Tom O'Gorman) but we can also confirm one item that was not part of Tom’s coaching.
9) Podcast goals and perspectives on what they are trying to provide to our sport.
To follow Scott, you can go to:
@TrackWalkingPodcast on Facebook or Instagram
@RobertsonRacing on Instagram
@RobertsonRacingMaita on Facebook