Manage episode 300597659 series 2891514
We finally have the whole El Jeffe team together to discuss our all ladies piloted team. Elizabeth and Audra joined Jennifer and Vicki to talk about the race, how things went over the weekend and if/when the ladies will be returning to the track together. The results of the race were exceptional. The only issues we had that were racing related were due to the initial issue we fixed on Saturday. Considering that this was Audra’s first ever wheel to wheel race and Elizabeth had only entered two prior events, we are viewing this as a great win for the team. Hear all the details, even some of the super secret ones. All in all, each of them grew as drivers and learned a ton this weekend!
Still waiting for Alan’s SpiderStang update but there was something shiny near his house so, …….
PS If you can't tell, Vicki was very excited to have the team back together to discuss the race.
You can subscribe to our podcast on the podcast provider of your choice, including the Apple podcast app, Google music, Amazon, and YouTube etc. Also, if you could give our podcast a (5-star?) rating or even better, a podcast review, we would greatly appreciate it and it would help us to grow the passion and sport of high performance driving.
For instance, leaving an Apple Podcast rating is very easy. If you go to your podcast library, under shows and click on the podcast you can leave a (5?) star rating and enter your review.
A link to the episode is: https://tinyurl.com/Thompson2021PartDeux
We hope you enjoy this episode!
PS Please don’t forget that if you are looking to add an Apex Pro to your driving telemetry system, don’t forget to use our discount code for all Apex Pro systems you will receive a free Windshield Suction Cup Mount for the system, a savings of $40. Just enter the code “ghitlikesapex!” when you order. They are a great system and truly invaluable in safely increasing your speed on track and/or autocross etc. The recently released second generation systems and app increases the capability of the system greatly.
Vicki, Jennifer, Alan, and Bill
Hosts of the Garage Heroes In Training Podcast and Garage Heroes In Training racing team drivers
Highlights from this episode include:
1) Some of the shocking differences that Audra experienced in her first wheel to wheel race.
2) Elizabeth and the team discuss some of the unforeseen benefits of having the seat adjusted for their size and not making due.
3) Audra goes over our race strategy for her first stint on Saturday, as well as getting to practice on Friday before the event started with a much lower car count on the track.
4) Elizabeth (and everyone) also found the practice helpful but really got a lot out of the (amazing) track walk with our friends at the Three Pedal Mafia.
5) Find out if we have grabbed Audra from autocross? We hope not. We love both.
6) The ladies discuss how important vision and spatial awareness is, especially as the speed increases or the traffic increases.
7) We also address how each driver is a member of the team and how each car is really also part of the team and (usually) work together on track.
8) The entire team began to see the benefits of having spotters on the track for each other, as well as the race craft.
9) Audra tries to convey the chaos of a race weekend. We have done so many events that we don't even notice anymore.
10) The team discusses several ways of managing traffic, as well as passing and being passed on a fairly crowded track.
11) How the ladies did in the paddock and garage prep by the team. We were a bit out of our normal groove with all the unintended changes to our team pre-race, but everything went really well even though we had 3-4 different issues this weekend, one was for the last 5 or so races.
12) Audra and Elizabeth also pointed out hat we missed a few opportunities to refine our tire pressures through the weekend. Added to our list. Along with a few other items we learned or noticed this race.
13) Pit Stops. We did a few, lol. Black flags, not so much.
14) Apparently, Audra is also part of the Connecticut tourism board and they were having a meeting in our paddock. Who knew?
15) It looks like Bill is going to have to find someone to drive with him (if the ladies have anything to say about it).
Don't forget that you can follow Audra and her co-hosts on the Shifting Points Podcast.