Manage episode 271990769 series 1300130
[Cue Ross Geller: PIVOT!] We’re looking back on the Summer of 2020—the pandemic challenges, the cultural complexities, the big changes in our own lives and in our communities—and breaking down what it all means for the Fall of 2020 for us personally and professionally. We talk about what learning looks like in a pandemic and how we are emphasizing a deeper cultural and self awareness in this unique season for ourselves and our kids. We’ll be talking about our specific fall plans in our next episode!
- What do we do with all the “empty” time without co-ops, adventures, etc? Dealing with our own and our kids’ emotional, mental, and physical wellbeing is huge and important work in this time. We give ourselves and you permission to focus on that as much as we need to right now.
- Take your time: We don’t have to be adapting to every new thing and transition with ease and speed.
- Learning happens all the time: Our kids will keep learning and growing in their academics even if we don’t focus on that every day, AND we can also take advantage of more days at home to embrace more traditional learning.
- How many Zooms is too many Zooms? We’re always trying to find the balance as we are online more with social distancing, connecting online with family and friends, homeschooling, distance learning, and hybrid-schooling.
- The most powerful learning our kids might experience this year is knowing that we will listen when they tell us they don’t want to do something, like yet another Zoom class.
Back to School Summit
Our Back to School Summit is for both new AND experienced homeschoolers to help us all reframe expectations, share real-life solutions, and get set up for a successful and sustainable school year. You’ll get:
- 3 inspiring and practical conversations
- Digital printable worksheets with reflection questions, takeaways, and resources
- Special savings for our App School Guide & Curriculum Guide bundle
This summit is ONLY available on Patreon, which means that for JUST $5 you get all this--AND you’ll unlock 2 years of patron rewards including an archive of extended interviews, monthly episodes, our patron-only Facebook group, and a discount code for our Homeschool+Personalities classes. Sign up at patreon.com/homeschoolunrefined.
The Unrefined Curriculum Guide
The Unrefined Curriculum Guide is 30 pages of inspiration, encouragement, and resources to build and boost your curriculum library with recommendations you won't dread using. Best of all, it’s just $10! Which means, it’s affordable for you AND it helps support us do what we do here at Homeschool Unrefined—win, win!
"I started at the beginning and have been listening non stop the past week. These mamas are real, intentional, and such an awesome resource for getting started (and staying) homeschooling!! And Patreon is a must!! they have printables, guides, and other helpful extras that have been so helpful to me. These women are living out their calling!!"
Leave us a 5-star rating and review here.
Homeschool Unrefined on Romper
We were invited by Romper to talk about creating a more inclusive homeschool community. Check it out here!
Loving This Week
Angela: Thrive Causemetics mascara
Maren: Trade coffee subscription
More About Homeschool Unrefined
We are an inclusive and nonsectarian podcast. We believe Black Lives Matter, and we are LGBTQ+ affirming (for more, read our piece on Romper). We are listener supported and are donating 10% of all Patreon income and product sales to The Conscious Kid, a Black and Brown-led organization that has been instrumental in our own evolution and in leading the way in both ideological and tangible change with their work in “parenting and education through a critical race lens." Read our full ABAR Statement here.
Connect with us!
Email us any questions or feedback at firstname.lastname@example.org
Visit our Amazon Shop: https://www.amazon.com/shop/homeschoolunrefined We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.