Manage episode 290515118 series 1320483
For links to every news story, all of the details we shared about Erketu, and our fun fact check out https://iknowdino.com/Erketu-Episode-334/
To get access to lots of patron only content check out https://www.patreon.com/iknowdino
Dinosaur of the day Erketu, a titanosaur with some seriously long neck vertebrae.
In dinosaur news this week:
- A new abelisaurid named Llukalkan was found in Patagonia including a nearly complete skull
- Analysis of the cretaceous rock in Mongolia shows a climate similar to Southern California
- In Fujian Province, China, scientists have found a “dinosaur dance floor” with over 600 tracks uncovered so far
- A large theropod track was found on the Yorkshire coast of England
- The T. rex Trix was scanned, 3D printed at full scale, and assembled for a new dinosaur museum in Nagasaki, Japan
- The Missouri Institute of Natural Science in Springfield is having a raptor run
- Dinosaur National Monument is reopening the Quarry Exhibit Hall on May 1
- McAllen, Texas has a Dinos and Dragons Adventure Park from now until May 15
- St. Louis Post Dispatch shared 5 places people can dig for dinosaurs and other prehistoric animals
- Universal Studios Hollywood recently updated Jurassic World - The Ride to include a 55ft long Indominus fighting T. rex
This episode is brought to you by Unidragon. Their beautiful wooden puzzles feature pieces which are each unique laser-cut shapes. Check out their dragon, owl, and other animal puzzles at Unidragon.com and use promo code Dino for 10% off your purchase.