Manage episode 298275383 series 2803681
Justin Jackson is the co-founder of Transistor.fm, a successful bootstrapped podcast hosting company. The journey building Transistor were documented on the Build Your SaaS podcast, which is a must listen. Justin is the founder of the MegaMaker community which he started in 2013, so if you're part of the maker sphere - you'll probably have heard of him.
In this episode we cover:
- What is Transistor and why did they start it
- Why work in podcast hosting? Was it not already a solved problem?
- How did they get the first few customers?
- What's next for Transistor?
- What's it like having "made it" as an indie hacker?
- What challenges does Justin run into?
- Should you just get a job at a tech company or run your bootstrapped co?
- Why bootstrapping is not a level playing field
- When you should quit your job
- Addressing mental health as an entreprenuer
Thank you to Dan Rowden for sponsoring this episode with his product, ilo which helps you easily see which kind of tweets get more impressions, likes, profile clicks and more so you can get grow your Twitter audience. Use the code "INDIEBITES27" for 25% off your plan for life.