Manage episode 293846792 series 2661392
Join Yvonne Brandenburg, RVT, VTS SAIM and Jordan Porter RVT, LVT, VTS SAIM as we talk about:
- Pulmonary embolism, knowing if it's cardiogenic or not, and how to handle it.
Question of the Week
- What are you looking forward to for the end of this year
- Leave a comment at https://imfpp.org/episode84
Resources We Mentioned in the Show
- Bonagura, J. D., & Twedt, D. C. (2014). Kirk's Current Veterinary Therapy (15 ed.). pp. 705-710. St. Louis: Elsevier.
- Merrill, L. (2012). Small Animal Internal Medicine for Veterinary Technicians and Nurses. Ames: Wiley - Blackwell.
- Pulmonary Edema in Dogs. Merck Veterinary Manual. Retrieved from https://www.merckvetmanual.com/dog-owners/lung-and-airway-disorders-of-dogs/pulmonary-edema-in-dogs
- Cardiogenic and Non-Cardiogenic Pulmonary Edema--Pathomechanisms and Causes. World Small Animal Veterinary Association World Congress Proceedings, 2010. VIN.com Retrieved from https://www.vin.com/apputil/content/defaultadv1.aspx?meta=Generic&pId=11310&catId=33744&id=4516320
- Pulmonary edema (Proceedings) by Elizabeth Rozanski, DVM, DACVIM, DACVECC. DVM360. Retrieved from https://www.dvm360.com/view/pulmonary-edema-proceedings-0
Thanks so much for tuning in. Join us again next week for another episode!
Want to earn some RACE approved CE credits for listening to the podcast? You can earn between 0.5-1.0 hour of RACE approved CE credit for each podcast episode you listen to.
Join the Internal Medicine For Vet Techs Membership to earn and keep track of your continuing education hours as you get your learn on!
Get Access to the Membership Site for your RACE approved CE certificates
Get Access to the Technician Treasure Trove
- Sign up at https://imfpp.org/treasuretrove
Thanks for listening!
– Yvonne and Jordan