Manage episode 296881247 series 2586548
Join Yvonne Brandenburg, RVT, VTS SAIM and Jordan Porter RVT, LVT, VTS SAIM as we talk about:
- The big four!!! Tick borne bacterial diseases; anaplasmosis, ehrlichia, lyme, and rocky mountain spotted fever, OH MY! Ever wonder how ticks transmit these diseases? Well you’re about to find out, prepare to get squiggy.
Question of the Week
- Have you had a personal experience with one of these tick borne illnesses, like human experience.
- Leave a comment at https://imfpp.org/episode89
Resources We Mentioned in the Show
- Canine Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever. Parasitology Compendium. July 2005 (Vol 27, No 7). Rochelle M. Low , DVM , Jennifer L. Holm , DVM , DACVECC
- Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever in Dogs. (Rickettsia rickettsii Infection). Janet E. Foley , DVM, PhD, University of California, Davis.
- Anaplasmosis. Becky Lundgren, DVM. Date Published: 04/08/2014.
- Merrill, L. (2012). Small Animal Internal Medicine for Veterinary Technicians and Nurses. Ames: Wiley - Blackwell.
Thanks so much for tuning in. Join us again next week for another episode!
Want to earn some RACE approved CE credits for listening to the podcast? You can earn between 0.5-1.0 hour of RACE approved CE credit for each podcast episode you listen to.
Join the Internal Medicine For Vet Techs Membership to earn and keep track of your continuing education hours as you get your learn on!
Get Access to the Membership Site for your RACE approved CE certificates
Get Access to the Technician Treasure Trove
- Sign up at https://imfpp.org/treasuretrove
Thanks for listening!
– Yvonne and Jordan