Manage episode 298331821 series 2845007
The United States has more money in our healthcare system than any other country in the world. Yet we also have the worst relative outcomes for mothers and infants. Join us as Joy Spencer explores why that is and where the inequity stems from. Can the system be fixed?
- 0:00 Episode starts
- 0:48 Check ins
- 5:20 Joy joins the call
- 5:38 Jes introduces Joy
- 8:35 Joy’s check in
- 9:47 Why do you do this work?
- 15:40 What sets you apart?
- 20:43 What motivates you?
- 24:50 Interlude
- 26:33 What is an important fusion friendship for you?
- 28:47 What about the policy side of things?
- 34:06 What does your dream future look like?
- 40:18 How can listeners show up?
- 43:33 Goodbyes
- 44:10 Debriefs (Jes starts)
- 46:29 Rob’s takeaways
- 52:50 Rob and Jes say goodbye
- 53:00 Outro
Thank you to DJ Pdogg and Producer Lo Key for our awesome music throughout the show!
Follow DJ Pdogg online:
Follow Producer Lo Key
- Jes Averhart, cofounder of Black Wallstreet Homecoming
- Rob Shields, executive director of the Recity Network.
- Ben Azevedo, owner of Bear Cave Audio
- Chris Pappalardo