Manage episode 307890294 series 2969132
- But How Do I Handle My Relatives?
As we head into the holiday season, discussions about family dynamics and boundary setting with loved ones is a relevant conversation post-dieting. Do you find it difficult to stay grounded in the presence of family members? Is it harder to stay in a protected headspace? Join the conversation where we talk about:
- The roles we play with our family members
- The difference between being “close” and not having boundaries
- Stef’s experience of enmeshed family dynamics vs Sarah’s experience of reserved communication dynamics
- When family intervention feels welcome vs unwelcome
- Recovery as a departure from being “the one” with food and body issues
- When food is love (in family culture)
- Questions to ask yourself when considering boundary setting
- How Sarah and Stef still haven’t quite mastered the outro.
Join us at our live online event on Sunday 19th December 2021. There is a pay-what-you-can-afford option. Details here: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/life-after-diets-community-qa-live-event-tickets-210649407047
Connect with the show!
Instagram – https://www.instagram.com/lifeafterdietspodcast/
Email – email@example.com
Connect with Sarah Dosanjh
Website – www.thebingeeatingtherapist.com
Instagram – www.instagram.com/the_binge_eating_therapist
Sarah’s book I Can’t Stop Eating is available on Amazon
Connect with Stefanie Michele
Website – www.iamstefaniemichele.com
Instagram – www.instagram.com/iamstefaniemichele
Work With Stef - www.iamstefaniemichele.com/application