Manage episode 315470404 series 2969132
Have you ever felt like you might be truly addicted to food? Have you been told that food is addictive and you have to avoid certain foods in order to have control over your eating? In this episode, we discuss:
- Is food addiction about the food or the behavior?
- The role of the addiction model in OA
- The withdrawal effect of a post-binge day
- Do “hyperpalatable” foods automatically mean they are addictive?
- How your emotional state may trigger an addictive behavior
- Rebellion looking like addiction
- Is it harder to stay in the addiction cycle if you don’t eat vegetables?
Connect with the show!
Instagram – https://www.instagram.com/lifeafterdietspodcast/
Email – email@example.com
Connect with Sarah Dosanjh
Website – www.thebingeeatingtherapist.com
Instagram – www.instagram.com/the_binge_eating_therapist
Sarah’s book I Can’t Stop Eating is available on Amazon
Connect with Stefanie Michele
Website – www.iamstefaniemichele.com
Instagram – www.instagram.com/iamstefaniemichele
Work With Stef - www.iamstefaniemichele.com/application
We would also like to thank everyone who attended our monthly Live Zoom Community Event.